Sunday, June 8, 2008

Some Pix

Just a few pictures for those of you who've been waiting. (sorry, I haven't figured out how to turn them yet...

me and Khady on the flight from JFK to Dakar. They gave us a whole set of fun goodies for the ride :-)



These are my two roommates coloring with a few of the kids in our compound. They LOVE to color!!!



So, if you know me at all, you know i'm not a huge fan of fish, and I can ususally be sneeky here and avoid eating it, but the other day, I was handed this fish after it had been prepared very little beyond killing it and sticking it whole into boiling grease, and i'm proud to say I got it all down with a smile on my face!



and this is me and my roomates in our scrubs and skirts that we wear to the clinic.
(L to R): Khadija, Mariama Mbang, and me (also Mariama, but Mariama Ba)
And thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes, I had a great day will all the americans here and even had some ice cream!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy (late) Birthday Kari!

    Hope you enjoyed the retreat - and the ice cream!

    Congrats on eating the fish! "Where ever He leads me I will follow, whatever he feeds me I will swallow!" (Eulie would be so proud of you!)

    I am proud of you my little nurse girlie! Keep up the good work!

    Much love from the McKay family!

    ReplyDelete