Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Stateside

So, after arriving back in the states, I was home just long enough to unpack (barely!) and pack again. My family and I then headed up to Lake Lure, NC. We met some of my aunts and uncles as well as my grandma, but little brother and I were the only grand kids able to make it this year :-(

We did a lot of hiking and rock climbing, some sight seeing, and some boating and water skiing. But what I enjoyed most was just spending some relaxing time with my family, enjoying His beautiful creation, and, of course, good American food!!



driving from the airport in Knoxville to Lake Lure, we took a very high road through the mountains, and even though it was so foggy, there were some amazing sights.
Climbing down to the waterfall (despite strategically placed "for your safety, please do not climb" signs)


Little Brother and I on the top of Chimney Rock




Me and the fam, at some falls we found




My family and I at the Biltmore, the largest home in America.




Check out the reflection in his glasses (hint: look for Little Brother!)



Little Brother and I climbing up the waterfall.



Stopping to smell the roses

Tubing with Little Brother on Lake Lure after skiing and wake boarding (or should I say skiing and wake boarding attempts ;-)

Our last hike of the trip, saying goodbye to the mountains.

It was great to see the mountains and spend time with the family that I missed all summer long, but it's good to be back home (even if it is so flat!) and to be staying in one place for a while. So, now I'm starting to get ready for nursing school which means buying lots of books, uniforms, and medical supplies and filling out lots of forms; which I'll be starting as of August 25th!

1 comment:

  1. Looks to me like the Freeman Family sure had a great time!
    Nice to know you took time to "stop and smell the roses"!
    Love to all,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete