Saturday, September 27, 2008

Life is short

“Since America has only about 5% of the world’s population, then only about 5% of the followers would really be called to stay in this country to tell (that's only about l out of 20) while the rest of us should go into the parts of the world where there are almost 0% followers."
- K.G.
Who thinks that this is true?
95% of followers will remain in the United States. All their lives.

“A tiny group of followers who have the story keep mumbling it over and over to themselves. Meanwhile, millions who have never heard it once fall into the flames of eternal hell without ever hearing the... story.”

- K.P.Y.


"There's a cry in my heart, I can feel it
There's a song in my soul, I can sing it
And there's a whisper inside telling me I should go
And there's a place I can hide, Because I'm not yet home

And it's shaking me, breaking me, taking me over
And it's pushing me, shoving me, dragging me home."
- me

There's a teenager I met in Senegal. He's a follower who had to leave his family, his village when they found out; one of the wisest kids I know. He loves to dig into The Book, loves talking about it, loves learning, loves Him. He wants to tell his family about Him. They don't want to hear it. Yet. He went to hang out with some of the Ms one day; relaxing, joking around, hanging out, a good time. He got quite. When asked what he was thinking about he replied simply, "Life is short".
What am I doing? What are you doing? I agree with D. Life is short. Eternity is long.



(A tree in Senegal, forever proclaiming, (In wolof) "Him, His Son, D")

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord for what he is doing in Senegal and in your heart! hope you are doing well, friend!

    ReplyDelete