Monday, December 27, 2010

My 2010 (Part 1)

As 2011 is just about upon us, I've decided to follow suit of several friends of mine who are doing a quick "2010 recap". Because, as always, how can we know where we're going, without occasionally reflecting upon where we've been.

So, here is Part one of my 2010:

January

It's hard to believe that, just a year ago, I was still in nursing school. I was just starting my "practicum" (our final semester internship really) and had found out that I had gotten my first choice...a pediatric step-down unit! I was super nervous, but really excited to get my first experience working real nursing shifts and functioning as a real nurse.













Still working at the special needs school, I kept very busy working in times for "real work" and my "unpaid work" aka 3 12-hour practicums a week! Of course leaving time for fun, like field trips to the zoo with the kiddos I love so much!








February

I continued on through nursing school, now throwing in my community clinical (teaching nutrition classes for kids downtown) to add to the chaos that had become my schooling.










March

As the end of school approached, we stayed crazy busy as the weeks flew by. We even added in some extra "work" as we took it upon ourselves to practice useful skills like IVs on our classmates :-)










April

We were plagued with final exams, papers, and clinicals to finish as graduation approached. We made it a tri-weekly tradition to get free scantrons from the union to keep up with all the end of year testing we had to do.










May

At last, graduation was upon us! In the midst of final exams and job searching, the day really seemed to sneak up on me. At the end of the month, after much anxiety, I was offered a job on the floor where I did my practicum! Now was only left to study study study for my licensure exam in june!






Also at the end of May, was the end of the school year at work as well. This meant parties, crafts, and, unfortunately, tearful goodbyes to the students who would not be attending summer camp. Still miss those kiddos!!
And finally I made the trip to the ophthalmologist and got what was inevitable...glasses!











June

June was crazy! I started with, and continued to study study study! The exam was just around the corner, determining my ability to start my career or not. In there, I found time to celebrate my birthday with some good friends.









I chopped my hair off and got bangs, a HUGE difference for me! I hadn't really cut my hair in years and years!












And in a joyful ending....I passed my exam!!! Now an official Registered nurse, I was ready to start practicing!!













...The rest of 2010 to come...

1 comment:

  1. This is really cute and quite a big year for you! Awaiting part 2 :)

    ReplyDelete