Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mimi

I've been meaning to write this post for a long time.

My Mimi passed away in October. I was so blessed to have gotten to spend so much time with this amazing woman who shared so much joy, love, and passion with my family and I. Having a grandmother live with you as you grow up brings a unique dynamic to a household, but for me, it grew our relationship so much. This woman was able to impart so much wisdom on this girl of the 21st century, having experiences to share all the way back from the great depression, she shared her perspective as she followed Him through the many drastic changes this world brought.




I will miss her so much, but am so glad to have the assurance of seeing her again someday.



 Going back to her home town to say our final goodbyes and lay her to rest next to her husband, we had an amazing time of remembering and celebrating her life. Friends and family alike poured out love and memories as we came to realize just how many lives she touched in her 96 years here. We walked away not in sadness, but in an renewed awe of her life and a renewed appreciation for one of life's true miracles; family


Always in our hearts, Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment