Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Off again

As I find myself ready to leave for yet another trip overseas, I find myself often being asked, once again, the question I have struggled to answer each and every time. 'Which of my trips have been my favorite?"

I tell people, each time, that it is really hard for me to choose because they've all been so different. "but if you had to pick...?" they press.... Each of my trips have been so different, with such different trials, challenges, joys, successes, picking a favorite... impossible.

I usually end up picking the one I have been to the most or the longest, just out of familiarity and comfort with the culture and language. But I don't know that you could accurately call that my favorite... But then, the other day, my good friend, L, asked me about my previous trips in a different way. One with a longer answer, but one that I loved!

"Do you feel like you learned something different from each trip?"

Yes!! I loved that she asked that and I loved thinking about and answering it. Thinking back, there has always been at least one (often several) BIG thing I've learned on each trip. So, As I prepare for the next, I thank my friend, L, for causing me to reflect on these important, thrilling, and memorable times in my life.


 
Brazil 1- teamwork, opening eyes to the rest of the world






Brazil 2- Leadership


Canada- teaching, serving my teammates


Kenya- Overcoming fears, growing up


Senegal 1- spiritual warfare,  loving across language and cultural barriers


Senegal 2- Relying on Him alone, building relationships











Zimbabwe- serving, embracing unexpected opportunities


Malawi- His provision... and more to come...






No comments:

Post a Comment