Saturday, April 18, 2009

Progress...

Due to some requests from some blog readers, I'm posting and update on the progress of a few things...


Kitchen construction
The new kitchen is slowly but surely pushing forward. We've added cabinets, a new refrigerator, microwave, oven (a double oven even!), a few tiles, and, one of my dad's favorite things, energy saving lights!! Yes, we're going (slightly) green! Now, I can't tell you all about these light bulbs, though I've heard it from my dad many a time, but apparently, for just a little more money spent on the bulbs, we're getting a brighter room, using MUCH less energy, and, ultimately, saving on our electric bill! (Yes, he is very proud of himself ;-)



Our kitchen is now at least semi functional, the "kitchenette" in the foyer is gone, and we've begun to see the light at the end of the tunnel...



Still missing, however, is most of the flooring, kitchen sink (dished are now done in the bathtub or shower), dishwasher, stove top (OK, we actually have that, but I don't count it since it's sitting in a box in the garage and not on the counter), counter tops, and paint on the walls...



School

School is pushing on too, I'm just 2.5 weeks away from finishing my 2nd semester of nursing school (the hardest one, I hear!), and I might just pull through with a couple As and some Bs!! (I'm not going to get too cocky on that one, because it is far from over until finals week rears it's ugly face ;-) but it's a possibility...


But, I've loved my pediatric rotation and, despite my previous outlook, am currently enjoying OB (pregnant women and babies and stuff) so, basically, I'm opening up my future perspective job markets a little!


Family

Most recently, little bro is not so little anymore! He turned 17 yesterday, though we celebrated earlier in the week since he is currently in Ohio performing with his percussion group and, as of his last phone call is doing very well!



Little bro and his cookies and cream cake...what else!?



And new headphones for the trip

This is from one of his previous competitions. (he's on the right side, on the keyboards, pointing to the sky- the theme of their show is bomb dropping or something like that) It's a pretty well known, elite group made up mostly of college guys and a few lucky high schoolers!


We also celebrated Easter together, with lunch, the traditional scavenger hunt (no, apparently we aren't too old yet ;-) and a trip to Seaworld.



Us at the underwater dolphin exhibit...In my defense, I was already sitting there when everyone else decided to gather around for the picture...I'm not that lazy ;-)



Zimbabwe

And, last, but not least, Zimbabwe. Plans are slowly moving forward. I think I've chosen my airline ticket: If I get the one I'm looking at, I'll be flying Orlando to Washington D.C. to Ethiopia to Zimbabwe. It's the one with the shortest layovers (most of the others have 12, 14, or even 19 hours spent in South Africa or somewhere!!!) So, soon the final decision will be made and a ticket will be bought!!


So, consider yourself caught up!












No comments:

Post a Comment