Saturday, May 9, 2009

Momma



10 things I love about her...


10. The way she changes meals, just a little, to cater them to what my brothers, dad, and I really love

9. The look on her face when she's really listening to you. (even if its boring, whiny, and/or kinda dumb ;-)


8. Her "handy-woman" status; she is always confident in her ability to take on any task that presents itself around the house; painting, lawn care, pool stuff, fixing appliances, plumbing, electrical problems, auto mechanics...you name it! (I've always admired this about her, she can do so many really useful, not as easy as you might think, things!)
7. Her unwavering support in all my endeavors; social or academic, domestic or international, smart or well, less thought out, she's always my #1 supporter.
6. The way she dresses! Though she likes to hold on to a few of the oldies, she is always in style and always willing to share her cute outfits with me.
5. Her confidence and determination to take on anything new; she can learn and adapt to any role put in front of her!


4. The way she folds tacos just right, the amazing ice cream cakes she makes from scratch, her "better than the blue box" macaroni and cheese, the way she mixes just the right amount of enchiladas sauce and cheese, just about everything she makes!


3. Her commitment to and love for my dad. She is and has always been such a great example of a what a great wife should be.


2. Her creativeness; the amazing paintings of hers that now hang on my wall, the best "tell me a dream" stories she told us at bedtime as kids, the craft projects I grew up doing, down to the "artwork" of the decorations and wall paintings in our house.



1. Her love for the HIM. She has such a beautiful heart for Him; always seeking to know Him better and to dig into His word. She is a constant witness to His glory at work and with her friends and is so in tune to the opportunities He presents her to share what she has found in Him.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms out there, but an extra special one to my momma; She has been given the opportunity to shape our lives and has done an amazing job! She has given her all to my brothers and I. She is our superhero!

No comments:

Post a Comment