Saturday, May 23, 2009

Science!

We went on our last field trip of the year at the school I work at to... The Science Center!!

Now, It had been a while since I'd been to the science center and I didn't really remember what was going to be there, much less what our developmentally delayed, motor disabled students would enjoy, but I was cautiously optimistic that it would be a good day, and....




I think those faces speak pretty well for the day. :-D

There really was a pretty wide variety of things for the kids to do; things to feel, hear, see, touch, play with and do, so no one was left out regardless of their abilities.


Though we were in groups most of the time, we each had a child assigned us for the day (I was with the little girl in the purple who is in the first picture) for whom we decided which activities would be best and most enjoyable for them. And, though everyone had fun, and I may be a tad biased, but I really think that my child may have had the best time of all! (not because I was with her or anything, just her personality and excitement and willingness to try anything we did!)

We played in "kids town" in the water with the boats and waterfalls, which was fun, but very wet! We saw fish, turtles, alligators, lizards, snakes, and, a group favorite, sting rays.


And we went to an interactive center with sounds, lights, electricity, musical contraptions, slides, air guns, and something that (almost) everyone loved, the "hurricane simulator" (I know, in my state, right, haha)


This was probably #1 or #2 on our list of favorites right up there with the "stomach slide". We "rode" it, I think, about 5 times!



All in all, a good day.... My kids never fail to make me smile!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kari, it's Courtney. I love the first picture! She looks so completely excited! I'm glad the science center went well and that all the kids could participate! I can't wait to see you all at graduation! Enjoy the last week of work!

    ReplyDelete